Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cream Sauce Pasta


Sorry for the lack of updates! I haven't been baking much lately, because I am doing my school exams. I've just finished one week of my IB Higher Level exams, and this week, I will be doing my Standard Level ones. And on Thursday, when they all are done, I will bake again! Can't wait! :D

On Saturday it was only me and my sister, so I quickly made this pasta with ingredients from the fridge. I've been using this recipe for a long time, and it is really simple to make and it's tasty! Feel free to use whatever ingredients you have - here I used chicken fillet, mushroom and peppers. I usually use what I have on hand - bacon, sweet corn, onions, sausage...

Cream Sauce Pasta
The recipe is not a proper recipe, everytime I make this I don't measure out the ingredients - I just judge by eyesight and by tasting as I go along!
Serves 2-3

For the sauce:
250ml Heavy (whipping) cream
200-250ml Chicken broth
300g Dried pasta (any type, cooked to your liking)
1tsp cornflour
Salt, pepper
1 clove garlic
1 shallot (omit if using onion)
2tbsp olive oil

Chicken fillets
Bell peppers
Mushrooms

1. Prepare your chosen ingredients: cut/slice the chicken into bite size pieces, thinly slice peppers, slice mushrooms.
2. Mince the garlic and thinly slice the shallot.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pan; toss in the garlic and shallot and cook slightly until fragrant.
4. Add raw meat, and toss until cooked on the outside/slightly golden brown.
5. Stir in the cream, add the broth. Stir well.
6. Add in any vegetables or cooked ingredients. Cook until starting to boil.
7. Taste the sauce and season to your liking.
8. Dissolve cornstarch in a tablespoon or so of water; stir into sauce to thicken it.
9. Gently mix in pasta into the sauce to coat pasta well. Dish up and serve!

No response to “Cream Sauce Pasta”

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin